Saturday, November 20, 2021

Thanksgiving Break is almost here

 Thanksgiving break is right around the corner and it could not arrive any slower than it is right now. Even the weekends are going slow. I just want a small break to relax, and take my mind off of school. I need a weekend of just family and friends laughing and staying up late without all the homework, or an assignment hanging over my head.         

My dad's birthday is over the break as well so we will have a double celebration including all you can eat food.  This time of the year is always the best, plus Christmas is right around the corner which makes it even better. However, this year might be a little different. Usually during Thanksgiving we go to our grandparents house to celebrate and spend the day there. My Grandpa died earlier this year in January and Thanksgiving and Christmas are gonna be a lot harder without him. Of course there will still be laughs, but there will also be tears. 

My grandpa always had a great since of humor, and thanksgiving as well as Christmas were his favorites. It's always hard going over to my grandma's house and not seeing the TV on with Dr. Pol playing nonstop, but I know he is in a better place and all the scars he had have been healed. So during thanksgiving I shall take on with a positive attitude and eat all the turkey and gravy I can while my grandpa looks down and watches us


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Break !!!

 Holy cow its about time we have reached a long break from college. I can't even begin to explain how much this is needed right now. I&#...